Pups

Pups

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Sugar Free

The title of this post describes my new life... Sugar Free. Now, I do have some sugar during the day, but compared to my normal sugar intake, it might as well be no sugar. I have discovered Sugar Free Double Chocolate JELL-O Pudding. This will get me through the remaining 9 weeks and a 1 day. I get to have one every night before bed and it is DELICIOUS! I also discovered a natural/organic Agave syrup that I had this morning. Its no Griffin's syrup, but it takes care of my sweet tooth in the morning. So far I have been testing below my glucose limits. (Sometimes well below!) So that is good. No harm being done to baby girl. And that's the most important thing. But I will say this...as soon as she pops out, someone had better be ready with a bar of swiss milk chocolate, and a bottle of red wine! Well maybe just the chocolate. :)

I've been thinking about my dogs, and how they tie in with all of this.  Here's a short history. My first dog was a golden retriever named Kimi.(Kee-mee). He was my "Heart Dog" as my mom and dad would say. He was and always will be MY special baby puppy. He had a minor heart problem (didn't seem minor when we first found out about it) and I had to take special care of him. Medication, not TOO much exercise, special diet, etc. My second dog, Mika (Mee-ka) is also a golden retriever. He was born with half a liver, and has acid reflux and is allergic to beef and chicken. He also has anxiety issues and takes Prozac...I'm completely serious.  So Mika also needs special care. Medications, special diet and so on.  Unfortunately, my Kimi died a year and a half ago at the age of 7. He had a tumor on his heart and there was nothing I could do to fix that.  Mika was a lonely puppy, so I got Roger. (Sigh) Roger is golden retriever #3, and he is a MESS! But a cute mess. When I first got Roger he was diagnosed with Parvo. A disease that basically kills doggies by starvation. We hospitalized him for a few days and then he was fine.

Here's what I'm getting at. I am not the most responsible person, and I don't like having to do extra work (especially when I may not be seeing results right away.) I always wondered why I happened to pick the doggies with problems or extra care issues. (I already told Jay he is picking the next dog.) But I believe now that God gave these dogs to me on purpose for a few different reasons. One, other people may not have cared enough to give these dogs what they needed. Two, I'm lucky enough to have parents that were able to support me and my doggies emotionally, and (especially) monetarily so I could afford to give these doggies what they needed. And three, I am again having to take special care of my child...by taking care of me.  Checking my blood glucose levels 4 times a day is already getting annoying (and a bit ouchy). And I have never had the desire (or need) to watch what I eat, count calories, check carb levels, eat certain combinations, not have any sugar! But when it comes to my doggies, and now, my child, I am better prepared and very willing to do what needs to be done. Its like I've become a grown up or something...wow! It only took almost 29 years. :)

Anyway, those are my thoughts for today. It looks like the Price is Right is not on today because the news people think they need to keep reminding us that its snowing. WE KNOW! Sigh. I guess I will go get my snack (8oz of milk and a fruit) and watch the episode of Teen Mom 2 I recorded last night. (I am obsessed with that show, but I will have to blog about that another time.)

Have a great day! Stay warm! Snuggle with puppies if you have them!

3 comments:

  1. Cousin Carlee! (It's me, Beth)
    I'm glad you decided to start a blog! I'm glad you're doing well with your diabetes and that your little girl is doing fine.

    Also, next time I'm in town I'd like to finally meet your pups. (Although, be warned that I'm more of a baby person than a dog person so I'll probably be like: "Oh hi, doggies! OOOHHH HIIII, BABY GIRL BOCCACCI!!!" So tell your dogs not to be offended if they feel eclipsed next to your daughter.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beth! YAY for blogging! I'm sure I will blog like crazy while I am home because of snow days. I hope I keep it up. :)
    Yes please come visit me and dogs and baby! I told Jeanette to try to visit sometime in May if she can. We should just plan a whole family visit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Blog Mrs.Boccacci. I don't think you emphasized how much of a mess Roger is, but that's ok. Anyways, I hope you keep the blog up, I quite enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete